Friday 22 April 2011

Blacks need to style up!

It is with utter disgust that I listened to my cousin tell me horror stories of restaurants in Malawi who's owners still had the gall to place a "Whites Only" signs at the entrance. In this day and age?! Good grief! "That's what you get after several decades of Kamuzu Banda" I mused. It is with a hint of arrogance that I added, "That rubbish can never happen in Kenya!" Or can it?

Well, I almost got a damn stroke when I was told of this establishment on Msa Rd that only serves whites. In fact, they have bouncers at the door who are obscenely large (and who happen to be black) who will tell you to your face that the esteemed establishment is meant for the white community, so it would be in the best interest of your health if you took your melanin soaked skin some place else.

So at whom should i be upset, because I clearly am. should it be at the idiotic owners who apparently have not seen the video of our flag going up a pole in 1963? or should it be at my fellow black men who would with a straight face turn me away from a restaurant? Hmmmm...I think I'll go after the latter.

Having someone from another race insult me thus is bad enough. I really do not need my fellow countryman adding to my grief with wanton ignorance and stupidity! There, I said it! Somebody had to!

No comments:

Post a Comment