Tuesday 4 March 2014

OF VILLAINS AND VICTIMS

It's been a rather long while since I posted anything on my blog. Some of my readers intimated that perhaps it's because I had nothing to say. Some said it's because I had run out of juice and just did not have the ability to put thoughts together anymore. I must say that perhaps they were right. I mean let's face it...I failed miserably over the past several months to execute my charge as a member of the fourth estate by exploiting this wonderful platform of alternative media. And the dreadful thing is, it was not for want of material....good heavens no. I mean with an electoral process that fell desperately short of the expectations of Kenyans, the fact that my president and his deputy are both suspects at the Hague, the fact that even though a firm opposition is terribly necessary for a thriving democracy and CORD seems intent on failing in this noble task, that we were told mattresses were burning at Westgate....the list is endless. But that which makes me lose the will to live, and strikes untold fear in the very heart of mine, is the dark thought that according to our fine constitution, Justin Muturi stands a chance of being my president. God help us all. So you see, it was not for lack of material. I was disgusted. Plain and simple. But come come, disgust is in no way a sufficient reason to give up on one's patriotic duty is it now? I hardly think so. I have therefore elected to stop being such an ignorant and insufferable spineless idiot and wade into the mire of 'doing my part' and joining the national conversation. By reason of my long introduction, I shall be brief as I get into the crux of the matter. ODM is taking us for a ride as a people and is not exhibiting mannerisms consistent with the forces of democracy the agents have championed the party to be. Though I am a journalist, I have stated before that I am member of ODM. I do this because I think it is a rather stupid notion to assume that a journalist does not have any political conviction. If there exist any such person in this noble profession, I fear for the future of journalism. I say this because it needs be a member of ODM saying it. Raila Odinda told the world that democracy was on trial. This the former Prime Minister did with a straight face after a farcical nomination process in his own party. So I was not overly surprised that ODM could not pull off a credible election at Kasarani. The obvious scapegoat was my all time favorite...'EXTERNAL FORCES'
I have often wondered...do these people really think Kenyans are that stupid? Are Kenyans a factory for votes in general elections to validate their facade of democracy? I was even more worried when friends of mine who are members of the Jubilee coalitition laughed about what happened at Kasarani. Do we not realise that a weak and ridiculous opposition is detrimental to us all? Nobody should be laughing... we should be worried as hell! The administration and the opposition need to get their act together really fast, because a year after the polls, there are no heroes in this story. There are only villains and victims. Disgusted victims.

No comments:

Post a Comment